Job related expenses
von Peter Scheller
German income tax regulations are relatively generous if it comes to deductibility of job related expenses.
Job related expenses can be deducted for income tax purposes if they are not refunded by the employer tax-free. Job related expenses can be
- IT (hard- and software if mainly used for professional purposes)
- Working equipment and materials
- Professional literature
- Application for a job in Germany
- Language training
- Professional clothing (restricted)
- Tax adviser (if service is related to work performed in Germany)
- Bank fees (16 €)
- Relocation expenses (see also http://www.scheller-international.com/deductible-relocation-expenses-in-germany/)
- Double household (https://scheller-international.com/blog-beitraege/deductible-expenses-for-work-related-second-household.html and https://scheller-international.com/blog-beitraege/double-household-in-germany.html).
- Other work related expenses
Author: Peter Scheller. Steuerberater, Master of International Taxation